Join the Denplan
Feel like you only see your dental team for a check-up?
That's great news, as it sounds like you haven't needed much treatment. We are all about taking a preventive approach to your oral health, and by attending regular appointments, any potential problems are spotted early and your oral health is maintained rather than treated. Your preventive approach seems to be working!
Do you know what really goes on during your check-up?
Here are just a few of the things that your dental team does while you’re in the chair:
- Checks your jaw joints
- Looks at your occlusion (bite)
- Updates your general health details
- Assesses you for infections, including your tongue and gums
- Checks you for oral cancer by feeling for lumps in the jaw, neck and throat
- Records measurements of your gums to assess for gum disease
- Examines your teeth for caries (tooth decay)
- Offers preventive oral health advice, tailored to you
Denplan payment plan
Take a look at some of the other benefits of being with us...
- Preventive oral health advice, to help stop dental problems before they start.
- Predictable monthly payments, allowing you to budget for your private dental care.
- Worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Denplan Supplementary Insurance, included in all our dental plans).
- Regular appointments with your registered member dentist, helping you to keep your teeth and gums healthy and discover the best care for your mouth.
- Access to Denplan's 24-hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline when you need it most.
We have achieved our Denplan Excel Accreditation
We are delighted to have obtained our Denplan Excel Accreditation after months of hard work and assessment. It recognises our commitment to customer relations and high clinical standards. The programme, developed by Denplan, was the first to be approved by the Patients Association and helps dentists to develop better relationships with their patients through good communication and quality care.
There have been many recent changes in the dental profession with regard to the standard of care that patients receive, but the accreditation is an independent acknowledgement that our practice is exceeding the relevant criteria for clinical governance and cross infection control, as well as providing dental treatment of the highest quality.
As part of the Excel accreditation process, we had to undergo a rigorous inspection to ensure they we went above and beyond industry best practice recommendations as well as the required standards of clinical control and statutory requirements set by the profession. This provides a visible sign of commitment to quality care and reassurance to you, our patients, that you're being treated by the whole practice team in the most comfortable, hygienic and safe environment.